- In a saucepan melt the Canderel® Bake! Cooking Chocolate 70% over low heat. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- To make the shortbread, beat together the Canderel® Bake! Caster Sugar Alternative, butter and zest until pale and fluffy. Add the flour, ground almonds, salt and the chocolate and mix together briefly with your hands – do not overwork the dough. Wrap and chill in fridge for 15 mins
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan). Line 2 baking sheets
- Roll out the shortbread dough on a lightly floured worktop to about 1cm thick. Cut out into rounds and place on the lined baking sheet. Re-roll the dough trimmings and continue to cut out rounds until the dough is used up. Return to the fridge to firm up for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes until golden brown. Keep an eye on the shortbread during baking to ensure that the edges do not catch.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool slightly then transfer to a cooling rack
- Once cooled in a small bowl mix together the Canderel® Bake! Icing Sugar Alternative and orange juice until you have a smooth but thin paste. Drizzle over the top of the shortbreads allow to set before eating.
- 85g Canderel® Bake! Caster Sugar Alternative
- 150g Canderel® Bake! Cooking Chocolate 70%, chopped
- Zest 1 orange
- 170g softened unsalted butter
- 230g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 25g ground almonds
- pinch of salt
- 150g -200g Canderel® Bake! Icing Sugar Alternative
- Juice of 1 orange