1. Put the cinnamon stick, nutmeg and allspice into a strong plastic bag. Smash with a mallet to crush.
2. Tip the spices into a medium pan and heat to the point of smoking. Remove from the heat, cool 5 minutes then repeat.
3. Add 250ml water and 12 tbsp Canderel bring to simmer and simmer 5 minutes. Strain into a bowl and cool. If possible, strain through a piece of muslin to catch the sediment or use a coffee filter paper.
4. Pour the spice syrup into a jug, add the rum, orange juice and lemon juice, add plenty of ice and the slices of fruit.
5. Serving suggestion: Rub a slice of orange around the rim of the glasses. Mix some Canderel with a little ground cinnamon in a saucer and dip the glasses in.
197 kcals per serving
1 cinnamon stick
1 whole nutmeg
1 tsp allspice berries
12 tbsp Canderel Granules
150 ml dark rum
600 ml unsweetened orange juice
Juice from 3 lemons
Lemon and orange slices to decorate