1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas 4.
2. Add the low fat spread to the mixer bowl of a food mixer then add the Canderel Sugarly. Beat together until light and creamy.
3. Add the eggs a little at a time along with a tbsp of flour until all the egg is incorporated.
4. Now stir in the orange zest and juice, poppy seeds and ginger then fold in the remaining flour and the baking powder.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes – 1 hour or until it is golden, risen and springy to the touch. Leave to cool in tin for 10 minutes then run knife around the edge of the cake and turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely before slicing.
170 Kcals per serving
175 g/6oz low fat spread
75g granular Canderel Sugarly
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
220 g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
Zest of 1 large orange and juice of 2
1 tbsp poppy seeds
2 balls of stem ginger, finely chopped
You will need a 500g / 1lb loaf tin greased and lined with greaseproof paper.