Think delicious, think sweet, think Sweetely. New Canderel® Sweetely is a versatile sugar-alternative available in granules; perfect for baking, and on-the-go tablets; delightfully sweet in hot drinks for those dark and cold winter mornings.
Not only that, but Sweetely is made from sucralose which comes from sugar and has only 0 calories per tablet and just 2 calories per teaspoon of granules. What’s more, Sweetely won’t damage your teeth like sugar can.
If you’re looking for sugar swaps and to reduce your sugar intake, Canderel® Sweetely can help. It’s suitable for diabetics and for people on low-carb diets. Now, sugar swapping couldn’t be easier.
If you’ve ever wanted to create amazing cupcakes, sponges or show-stopping bakes without the added sugar, now you can. New Canderel® Sweetely is specifically created to be suitable for almost every baking need. It remains sweet and stable during the cooking and baking process and can be used in savoury dishes too. Oriental and Asian meals taste great with an added sweetness to counteract the heat.
For a delicious afternoon indulgence, why not try our Lemon Drizzle Cake using Sweetely.
Ingredients (serves 10)
200g/7oz low fat spread
25g Canderel® Sweetely
Zest and juice of 2 lemons + 2 lemons for topping
2 tbsp mild olive oil
4 large eggs
150g/5oz self-raising flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder, sieved
100g/31/2 oz fine polenta
1tsp Canderel® Sweetely to mix with lemon juice for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/Gas 3.
- In the mixer bowl of a food mixer, add the low fat spread and Canderel® and beat together until light and fluffy. Add the lemon zest and olive oil and beat again until incorporated.
- Now add the eggs one at a time, along with a tbsp of flour, then fold in the remaining flour and baking powder followed by the polenta and lemon juice.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface. Bake for about 60-70 minutes, loosely covering with foil towards the end if it is beginning to brown too much. It is ready when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. It will also just about feel firm in the middle.
- Mix the remaining lemon juice with the Canderel® and whilst the cake is still make small holes in the cake with a skewer then pour the mixture over and leave to cool completely before removing from the tin and slicing to serve.
216 calories per serving