1. First make the pancakes, add the flour to a bowl and mix in the salt. Make a well in the center and add the egg and a little of the milk and stir to incorporate the flour.
2. Continue stirring and bringing in the flour until it mixes into a smooth batter. You may want to switch to a balloon whisk which will assure you get no lumps. Stir in the cinnamon and pour into a jug and put to one side.
3. Heat the oil in a crepe or frying pan and when hot, tip most of it out into a jug (to be used again). Add a ladle of batter mix to the pan and swirl the pan so it coats the bottom. Cook for a few seconds then loosen the edges with a knife then when the underside is cooked and beginning to turn golden, turn over and cook the other side for a couple of minutes until cooked.
4. Remove and sit on an upturned plate, cover with greaseproof paper and repeat until finished, using a little of the oil as you go
5. Now melt the low fat spread in a frying pan and add the Canderel Granules, cinnamon stick and mixed spice. Add the plums and toss to coat and cook for about 3-5 minutes until beginning to turn golden around the edges
6. Spoon the plums into the pancakes, roll, slice in half and serve with a dusting of Canderel Granules.
263 Kcals per serving
3 tbsp Sunflower oil
25 g Low fat spread
4 Plums (stoned and cut into quarters)
2 tsp Canderel Granules
0.5 tsp Mixed spice
1 Cinnamon stick (broken)
For the Pancakes
125 g Plain flour
1 Pinch of salt
300 ml Skimmed milk
1 Pinch of cinnamon
Suitable for diabetics as part of a balanced diet and suitable for vegetarians
|1 Teaspoon = 0.5g (Jar contains 150 teaspoons)||Per teaspoon (0.5g)||Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0g||0g|
|of which sugars||0g||7.3g|