1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas 4.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, Canderel®, low fat spread, eggs and coffee and beat well with an electric hand whisk or use the food mixer.
3. When all combined and the mixture falls of the beaters, stir in the pecan nuts and pour into the prepared tin.
4. Bake in the oven for 35-45 mins or until golden and it springs back when touched with fingertips. Leave to cool for 10 minutes in tin then release and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the topping; beat the low fat spread until soft and creamy then add the Canderel® and beat until combined. Now add the coffee and mix until it is smooth and creamy. If it needs more Canderel® add some and stir through until it reaches the required consistency.
6. When cake is cool spread the mixture generously on top to cover, then top with pecan nuts.
324 calories per serving
225g/8oz self-raising flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder, sifted
20g Canderel® Sweetely
175g/6oz low fat spread
2 tbsp diluted strong coffee
50g/2oz pecan nuts, roughly chopped
For the icing
100g/4oz low fat spread
2-3 tbsp strong diluted coffee
About 14 pecan halves
You will also need a lightly greased and lined round loosebottom 18cm/7″ cake tin
Suitable for diabetics as part of a balanced diet and suitable for vegetarians
|1 Teaspoon = 0.5g |
(Jar contains 250 teaspoons)
|Per teaspoon (0.5g)||Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0g||0g|
|of which sugars||0g||7.4g|